ABOUT THE EXPERIENCE
White water rafting is a recreational outdoor activity which use an inflatable raft to navigate a river or other body of water. This is often done on whitewater or different degrees of rough water, and generally represents a new and challenging environment for participants. Dealing with risk and the need for teamwork is often a part of the experience
The Kundalika egged on by waters of the Bhira Dam is the ONLY ALL-YEAR white water rafting location in India. With Grade II & III rapids, it is a terrific introduction to White Water Rafting and the only option in the vicinity of Mumbai and Pune.
Kolad River Rafting calls for all all adventure junkies to experience three hours of total fun on 14 Kilometres of Winding River and gushing water taking you over thrilling rapids of grade 2 to 4 level. Grades of Rapids on the Kundalika river (subject to change as per water levels)
Class I : Easy. Fast-moving water with riffles and small waves; few obstructions, all obvious and easily missed with little training; risk to swimmers is slight; self-rescue is easy.
Class II : Novice. Straightforward rapids with wide, clear channels which are evident without scouting; occasional maneuvering may be required, but rocks and medium-sized waves are easily missed by trained paddlers; swimmers are seldom injured and group assistance, while helpful, is seldom needed; rapids that are at the upper end of this difficulty range are designated Class II+.
Class III : Intermediate. Rapids with moderate, irregular waves which may be difficult to avoid and which can swamp an open canoe; complex maneuvers in fast current and good boat control in tight passages or around ledges are often required; large waves or strainers may be present but are easily avoided; strong eddies and powerful current effects can be found, particularly on large-volume rivers; scouting is advisable for inexperienced parties; injuries while swimming are rare; self-rescue is usually easy but group assistance may be required to avoid long swims; rapids that are at the lower or upper end of this difficulty range are designated Class III- or Class III+, respectively.
Class IV : Advanced. Intense, powerful, but predictable rapids requiring precise boat handling in turbulent water; depending on the character of the river, it may feature large, unavoidable waves and holes or constricted passages demanding fast maneuvers under pressure; a fast, reliable eddy turn may be needed to initiate maneuvers, scout rapids, or rest; rapids may require robust moves above dangerous hazards; scouting may be necessary the first time down; risk of injury to swimmers is moderate to high, and water conditions may make self-rescue difficult; group assistance for rescue is often essential but requires practiced skills.
OFFERINGS & INCLUSIONS
We are proud of our safety record and we ensure it remains so by strict adherence to safety rules, by using state-of-the-art equipment and by refresher courses for our operations team.
However, guests must be aware that during the course of the trip certain risks may occur, including but not limited to hazards of travelling on a white water raft or kayak.
Our Trip Leaders and adventure team reserve the right to alter or cancel any trip depending upon the fitness level of participants and prevailing conditions.
TIMINGS, SEASONALITY & VALIDITY
Duration & Distance - 2 - 3 hours - 12 kms
Seasonality - Throughout the Year
Report by our site by: 8 AM
The time of water release by the dam can vary between 8 to 11 AM.
- Reporting time at our campsite 8AM. Rafting begins at 9AM and ends by about 12 Noon.
- Rafting is subject to release of water from the dam, which is not in our control and this could be a cause of cancellation of the trip.
- Consumption of Alcohol is strictly prohibited at least 10 hours prior to commencement of any adventure activities.
- Lower age limit is 13 years for rafting.
- Persons suffering from weak heart conditions, epilepsy, expecting mothers or those with any serious ailment are not permitted to raft.
- All medical conditions and concerns need to be intimated before commencement of any adventure activity.
- Guests are advised not to carry any valuables/ expensive items; we will not be responsible for any such loss or damage.
- Rafting/ Kayaking/ Canoeing activities on the Kundalika River are subject to water conditions of the rivers.
- Kindly carry Cap, Shades with retainer, Quck Dry Clothes, Comfortable footwear, Water Bottle
- One Safety Kayak available on the river
- Email / Text Message confirmation of voucher will be sent once confirmation of booking is acknowledged.
- Voucher will contain all detail of activity – Date & Reporting Time, Exact Address & Landmarks of Location, Name & Phone Contact.
- You will be informed on Email / Text if it is mandatory to carry the voucher during tour or your name will be put on travelers list.
- In case your booking cannot be honored with the date & time selected – 1) alternate options will be offered 2) if not agreeable full refund will be processed.
CHANGE & CANCELLATION POLICY
- Bookings once confirmed cannot be cancelled or changed to another date or time.
- Cancellations requests will be accepted only in case of serious illness of the traveler or death within the family.
- Cancellation / change in existing booking will need minimum of 3 business days prior. Notification should be done by email only.
- Refund will be processed in 7 – 10 business days to bank account through NEFT only.
- In case of bad weather / operating challenges, wherein we are unable to honor the booking – full refund will be processed.